Apache Arrow 12.0.1 Release
13 Jun 2023
By The Apache Arrow PMC (pmc)
The Apache Arrow team is pleased to announce the 12.0.1 release. This is mostly a bugfix release that includes 38 resolved issues from 12 distinct contributors. See the Install Page to learn how to get the libraries for your platform.
The release notes below are not exhaustive and only expose selected highlights of the release. Many other bugfixes and improvements have been made: we refer you to the complete changelog.
- Fixed a performance regression when writing data from non-arrow sources (e.g. pandas) (GH-35498)
- Fixed a “Data size too large” error that could occur when reading valid parquet files (GH-35423)
- It is now possible to specify field-level metadata in dataset writes (GH-35730)
- Fixed builds of the Go Arrow package on 32-bit systems (GH-34784)
ValueString(int) stringmethod to
- Fixed ASAN failure when using go1.20+ by using
- Bumped jackson-databind dependency version to avoid CVE-2022-42003. (GH-35771)
coalesce_keys=Falseoption again (GH-35389)
- Update the version of the date library vendored with Arrow C++ library for compatibility with tzdb 0.4.0 (GH-35594, GH-35612)
Other modules and languages
No general changes were made to the other libraries or languages.